optimal LED light matched to the respective working area
Companies are constantly looking for savings opportunities in order to continue to produce cheaply and remain competitive in the long term. Production facilities are being relocated to other countries and employees are being used sparingly to reduce spending. One of the biggest savings potentials in companies lies in lighting.
With professional lighting design and the use of modern, efficient and long-lasting LED hall lighting, power consumption can be reduced by up to 70 percent. While private individuals have always tried to save energy, some companies still overlook this aspect. No other lighting medium can even compete with the advantages and cost-effectiveness of LED hall lighting. Its advantages are:
- Up to 90 percent power savings,
- ptimal and energy-saving illumination of large areas,
- no switch-on delay, the full brightness is immediately available,
- a manufacturer's warranty of 5 – 7 years on LED lighting,
- a service life of the LED luminaires of up to 50,000 hours, which eliminates the need for a replacement of lighting fixtures as far as possible and thus also high maintenance costs,
- high brightness of approx. 140 – 180 lumens/watts,
- Eyes gentle, glare-free light due to a radiation angle (opening angle) of 120 degrees,
- increased concentration due to high-quality LED hall lighting, which prevents premature fatigue and thus has a positive effect on the quality of production,
- accurate and precise illumination of the workplaces,
- available in a variety of colour temperatures (Kelvin), with "daylight white" recommended for operating halls, which is very similar to the natural sunlight of 5,500 Kelvin,
- easily controllable lighting fixtures,
- a flicker-free light,
- free of IR and UV radiation and therefore harmless to the health of employees and the environment,
- completely dimmable,
- easy to install,
- LED hall lighting does not need to be disposed of separately, as there are no toxins,
- the luminaires are available in watt age of 100 watts, 150 watts, 200 watts and 240 watts.
- In any case, a conversion to LED hall lighting is inevitable, because since 01.04.2015, low energy-efficient luminaires can no longer be sold in the EU. The sooner companies decide to switch, the sooner they can benefit from their many advantages. Depending on the federal state, there are still various LED funding options and financing aids for the conversion, which again means a noticeable relief for the company budget.
production halls for every work area, the on-demand LED lighting
Since the different work areas place very different requirements on lighting, an accurate needs analysis must be carried out before purchasing it. Based on this analysis, the complete lighting concept is then created, which is why one should proceed very carefully. It is also important to note:
- the respective hall size and ceiling height,
- the work carried out there. While, for example, illuminances of 150 lux can be sufficient in loading areas, 1,000 lux must already be offered in assembly departments.
- In small company halls, care must be taken above all to ensure uniform, adequate lighting, as there are often no different special lighting situations.
- Wet rooms or halls in which fire-hazardous substances are stored also require the selection of appropriate lighting fixtures suitable for this purpose.
Save with flexible lighting systems
This allows lighting to be regulated as required and to save energy if, for example, LED indoor spotlights are only switched on when they are really needed. In addition, an LED floodlight can also be switched on to a daylight sensor, which is based on the natural brightness in the hall and is only switched on when this is needed.
Lighting systems that make easy adjustment possible
When planning a new lighting system for production halls, it is also important to note that working conditions may change before they are installed. Therefore, the LED indoor spotlights should also be able to change. Modular LED light strip systems are a solution here. You can ensure that different lighting zones can be implemented in production halls. When lighting conditions are changed, such LED light band systems can be quickly adapted to the new conditions. However, care should be taken to ensure that the individual LED light strip modules are to be adapted even without the use of special tools. This saves money and time, otherwise technicians would have to be entrusted with the changes. Sensors for daylight or other conditions should also be integrated into the system. This distinguishes modern, efficient lighting systems from the simple, previously suspended indoor spotlights.
A wide range of LED lighting systems are available
LED indoor spotlights
Although LED indoor spotlights are generally more expensive than conventional spotlights, their purchase has already paid off after a short time. This is due to the significantly higher number of operating hours of the LED lamps and, in addition, the LED indoor spotlights also consume significantly less electricity. In addition, the expensive maintenance work that would otherwise be required in floodlights and tubes in industrial halls prone to dirt and dust can be saved, or for their more frequent replacement.
Wherever bright, clearly distributed working light is concerned, LED tubes have long been the first choice. Whether offices, workshops, production halls or in public spaces, they convince with their economical light output, excellent colour reproduction and flicker-free, uniform light. This is a lighting concept that also ensures greater satisfaction among employees and makes them less likely to tire. The LED tubes far exceed the previous fluorescent tubes. The LED tubes have a beam angle of 360 degrees instead of the bundled beam angleof 120 degrees of the fluorescent tubes. This contributes to adequate illumination and requires only one third of the luminous flux of corresponding fluorescent tubes.
The LED tubes are easily interchangeable with fluorescent tubes, as their sockets are compatible. The exchange is easy and easy for laymen to cope with. The ballasts of the fluorescent tubes must be replaced with replacement starters. Only the change of neon tubes with electric ballast to LED tubes should be left to a specialist, as this is a bit more complicated.
Due to the long service life of the LED lighting, such conversions are also worthwhile in any case.
The choice of LED tubes should be used for brand quality, as there are not only large price differences, but also large differences in quality.
An important quality feature is, for example, aluminium cooling.
LED wet room light
Rooms or production halls with increased humidity and constantly high humidity require special, suitable wet room lighting. In addition to the usual requirements for luminaires, an LED wet room lamp also has to meet special requirements in terms of safety and occupational health. This makes the planning of a wet room lighting much more complex. Because LED wet room lighting must meet certain requirements.
For production lines, spray and jet water must be used with protected, corrosion-free lighting fixtures in accordance with protection class IP64.
The workplace guidelines for lighting in wet rooms, such as washing lines and large-scale laundries, must also be adhered to.
Wet room lighting in commercial kitchens and beverage production must be food-compliant according to IFS Food.
Wet room luminaires consist of three elements. These are a lower shell with a support plate and a cover. Often the luminaires have the shape of a bathtub.
The shells are generally made of polycarbonate, while the cover is mostly made of acrylic glass, which is still protected by an additional grid. Since everything is tightly screwed or equipped with quick-release clamps, the interior is securely protected from moisture. Wet room luminaires have the protection class IP.